Friday, January 11, 2013
My fantastic dining experience at Cracker Barrel 155 Krome Avenue Florida City Fl
I frequently dine at the Cracker Barrel. It's quaint and charming atmosphere is appreciated by this historian. I enjoy their vintage signs and photos of old Florida. Then of course the food great country style faire that brings .me back to my childhoods in my grandmother's kitchen- warm and inviting. But to me what sets a good dining experience apart from an outstanding experience is the server. If I may digress for a moment, yesterday was the anniversary of my mother's death. Though it has been 12 long years ago each January 10th is agony. Maybe I feel sorry for myself, I am in a foul mood a few days before and after so when our server Brandie explained that when she went home from work last night and found her beloved dog had been killed inside her own yard as a daughter in mourning and as a doggie mum of three, her agony really struck a cord with me. And with Tom fellow contributor of Tropic Style Magazine.
We went to lunch to discuss upcoming feature articles. A review of the Cracker Barrel was not on the agenda of course but then rarely does a customer leave a dining establishment that has not only exceeded my expectations but also left us feeling genuinely valued as customers. If one of my furry babies were killed the night before I couldn't put a smile on my own face let alone go out of my way to put a smile on someone else's. But Brandie truly enjoys what she does. She enjoys making others happy. And it shows. After a delicious meal of melt in your mouth roast beef, seasoned to perfection, and generous refills of sweet tea, we were handed the check along with a surprise. Brandie wrote a handwritten thank you note. This was no " thank you" written on the back of the check but a separate note and I would like to share this with you to show you what a wonderful person she is. "customers like you make coming to work worth while. Thank you for your kindness, seeing y'all smile brightened my day. God bless you and have a safe and wonderful weekend-Brandie" I am truly humbled and moved to tears_ tears in a good way when I realized that I have a choice to be miserable or not to be miserable each year on this anniversary.
When was the last time you were treated so kindly at a dining Establishment? Never? me either and on Tropic Style Magazine we have reviewed many. In my opinion the Cracker Barrel should give Brandie a raise and a promotion. Needless to say, I highly recommedn this location and if you're lucky, Brandie can be your server too. We love you Brandie! If you ever want to chat feel free to email me at annamariericci@ymail.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment