Monday, December 17, 2012

A Broken Hearted Fashion blogger

Hi everybody. There hasn’t been any fashion news posted here in a few days. Like most of us in the country, I am very shaken by the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary that took place Friday morning. Writing about fashion seems rather selfish and cold when I know that so many families are in so much pain. Even though I am not directly affected-I do not know any of these people I can’t stop crying. When I first heard about this horrible incident, I had gone to a café to enjoy a nice lunch and sift through the press releases that I received. The café, has large televisions that were all showing CNN. Where I was on this day and time is forever etched in my memory as it is in everybody else’s. Instead of a relaxing afternoon, I suffered an anxiety attack. An anxiety attack in someone so far away who had no connection to any of the victims. I cannot be the only person who had that kind of reaction to the news and I can only imagine what the families of these victims are feeling. We all want answers that may never be known. December 14th, was indeed a very sad day for all of us and a very sad day for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment