I went exploring in the Florida keys today looking for some interesting places worth featuring on my blogs and Tropic Style Magazine. My journey took me to the Rain Barrel shops in Islamorada which looked promising. These are quaint little shops nestled in a village sort of like Cauley Square that Tatyana writes about. Unfortunately I left disapponted. Arriving at 5:20 I was told by the owner of a women's boutque that she was closing as in right now. She stressed that she was only giving me 3 minutes to look around but then encouraged me to make my purchases on her website. Sheesh. The hours this shopping village keeps can only cater to the tourists and not the locals. Regardless I was out the door by 5:24 and the shop keeper right behind me. I suspect that had I run in and announced that I am the editor of this publication then I would have been worth more than 3 minutes of this lady's time, but I should not have to do that. Every customer is just as
valuable as me.
No comments:
Post a Comment