I have reached that point in my life where I really do not want to travel anymore at least for modeling assignments. This last fashion week was a sign onto me that I cannot handle any cold and snow anymore and I would rather not be far from my home and my family. So I am making the decision to semi-retire from modeling. It’s good news for me and it’s good news for the aspiring models of Miami and South Florida. I have been teaching modeling in private settings for quite a while now but now I want to open a modeling workshop- a school to train aspiring models.
I think Miami Beach or Key Biscayne might be the ideal location for such an organization. I am willing to headquarter my organization as far south as the Florida Keys if that’s what it takes to find a suitable property. Of course, this is a huge endeavor for one person so I am hoping to collaborate with local fashion designers, models, stylists, photographers, retail shops and other businesses who may want to lend their talents or even become sponsors of this unique program. This is really our chance to do something great for the local fashion community.
We all know that modeling schools can be quite expensive but not all aspiring models come from wealthy families who can afford this training and experience. My organization will be dedicated to mentoring, empowering, training and developing young models who if they had the necessary funding would have the potential to become successful in the fashion industry. Fashion is all about uniqueness and diversity. And we are talking about faces and talent that would otherwise never be known. Therefore I am proposing that my organization be a non-profit so that the underprivileged can have an equal chance to become the privileged. I should think that the Miami fashion bloggers would also want to help spread the word and offer their ideas, as bloggers were once the fashion underdogs as well. We all know that has changed through their determination and they are now past the fabled velvet ropes with the magazine editors, celebrities and fashion critics. I think everybody with a love of fashion should have that same opportunity. Anybody wanting to get involved with my proposed program, please contact me, Annamarie Ricci at annamariericci@ymail.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment